-->

Sony and Qualcomms Multi-Year Deal Proves That the Japanese Tech Behemoth is Here to Stay for More Xperia Smartphones

Sony and Qualcomm's 'Multi-Year' Deal Proves That the Japanese Tech Behemoth is Here to Stay for More Xperia Smartphones

As good as they are, the sad thing about Sony Xperia phones is that these never managed to attract the crowd despite having some of the best-in-class hardware. If I can compare Sony phones to watches, I'd say that Sony is the Panerai of the watch world because although their phones are excellent, there is little to no marketing to promote the devices and create hype, and that's a reason they fly under the radar. Sure, some purists would love to get their hands on a flagship Sony device, and I am one of them, but the availability is something that I cannot wrap my head around.

We could be seeing a lot of Sony phones coming into the market thanks to the company's latest deal with Qualcomm

All of this does make one wonder if Sony will keep making phones, and based on the new report, it apparently looks like it is not going to stop. Based on a press release, the Japanese tech giant has signed a multi-year deal with Qualcomm, and this deal means that the company will be bringing Xperia phones with both mid-range and high-end Snapdragon chipsets. So, you can expect to see a good amount of phones in the future.

Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. announced that it has extended its collaboration with Snapdragon® platforms powering Sony’s future smartphones. The companies agreed to work together on the next generations of premium, high-, and mid-tier smartphones.

This really should not come as a surprise to anyone because Sony has been using Qualcomm chipsets for some time now. This deal only means that for anyone who's been thinking that we will see Xperia phones disappear off the face of the earth, that is clearly not happening, and as an enthusiast, I am happy about that.

I love Xperia phones, and my first flagship was the Xperia Z2. I wish I could get my hands on the latest Xperia 1 V, but its $1,400 price tag and lack of availability in my region is not something that I can do much about. However, the phone in itself is what I would call the perfect device, all thanks to a ton of features that other manufacturers have often overlooked.

I am really hoping that this multi-year deal that both companies have signed results in a lot of Sony phones coming to the market, and better marketing as well. I'd really like to see the company going against the likes of Samsung and it's a face-off that needs to happen.

Written by Furqan Shahid


source https://wccftech.com/sony-and-qualcomms-multi-year-deal-proves-that-the-japanese-tech-behemoth-is-here-to-stay-for-more-xperia-smartphones/

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter