-->

MHRB Assam Recruitment 2026: Notification Out for 560 Medical & Health Officer-I Posts, Apply Online from 7th September

The Medical and Health Recruitment Board MHRB Assam, has officially released the notification for the recruitment of Medical & Health Officer–I (M&HO-I) posts. This is a massive recruitment drive for 560 vacancies under the Health & Family Welfare Department, Government of Assam. Candidates holding an MBBS degree and registered with the Assam Medical Council can apply online starting 7th September 2026.

MHRB Assam Recruitment 2026 Notification Out for 560 Medical & Health Officer-I Posts, Apply Online from 7th September
MHRB Assam Recruitment 2026 Notification Out for 560 Medical & Health Officer-I Posts, Apply Online from 7th September

MHRB Assam Recruitment 2026: Overview

The selection process for M&HO-I posts will be notified later by the Board based on the number of applications received. The selected candidates will be placed in the pay scale of Rs. 30,000 – Rs. 1,10,000 + Grade Pay Rs. 12,700 along with usual allowances, and the job location will be across Assam.

Summary

OrganisationMedical and Health Recruitment Board (MHRB), Assam
Advt. No.MHRB/73/M&HO-I/2026/5051
Posts NameMedical & Health Officer–I (M&HO-I)
Total Vacancies560
Mode of ApplicationOnline
Registration Dates7th September to 20th September 2026
Selection ProcessTo be notified later
Pay ScaleRs. 30,000 – Rs. 1,10,000 + Grade Pay Rs. 12,700
Job LocationAssam
Official Websitehttps://nhm.assam.gov.in

Important Dates

Candidates willing to apply for MHRB Assam M&HO-I vacancies have to submit their applications between 7th September to 20th September 2026.

EventsDates
Detailed Notification PDF03rd September 2026
Apply Online Starts07th September 2026
Last Date to Apply20th September 2026

MHRB Assam M&HO-I Vacancy 2026

For the year 2026, MHRB Assam has announced 560 vacancies for the Medical & Health Officer-I post. The category-wise and reservation-wise distribution of vacancies is detailed in the table below.

Category-Wise and Reservation-Wise Vacancy Details

CategoryOpen CategoryReserved for OBC/MOBCReserved for SCReserved for STPReserved for STHGrand Total
Total316140235823560
Reserved for Women (RFW)95427177168

MHRB Assam Notification 2026 PDF Out

The official notification PDF for MHRB Assam M&HO-I Recruitment (No. MHRB/73/M&HO-I/2026/5051) has been released on 3rd September 2026, detailing total vacancies, eligibility, selection process, salary, and registration dates. Candidates interested in these vacancies must go through the detailed notification, which has been released at https://nhm.assam.gov.in. The registration will start on 7th September 2026.

Check Official Notice PDF

MHRB Assam Recruitment 2026 Eligibility Criteria

Candidates must meet the minimum eligibility requirements in terms of educational qualifications, age limits, and nationality. The required criteria are as mentioned below.

Educational Qualification

PostMinimum Qualification
Medical & Health Officer–I (M&HO-I)MBBS Degree from any recognized University under MCI (Medical Council of India). Candidate must be registered under Assam Medical Council.

Age Limit (as on 01/01/2026)

CategoryAge Limit
General/UR21 to 38 Years
OBC/MOBC21 to 41 Years (3 years relaxation)
SC/STP/STH21 to 43 Years (5 years relaxation)
PwBDAs per extant rules

Also Read: IIT Mandi Non-Teaching Recruitment 2026 Notification PDF Out for Junior Technical Superintendent & Staff Nurse Posts

Nationality

Candidates must have Indian Citizenship as defined in Article 5 to 8 of the Constitution of India.

MHRB Assam M&HO-I Apply Online 2026

The link to submit applications for MHRB Assam M&HO-I Recruitment will be activated on 7th September 2026 at https://nhm.assam.gov.in and candidates have to submit their applications till 20th September 2026. Any application after the last date will not be accepted.

Application Fee

CategoryApplication Fee
GeneralRs. 250/-
OBC/MOBC/SC/STP/STHRs. 150/-
PwBDNil

Payment Mode:

  • Offline: Treasury Challan in Head of Account “0210-Medical and Public Health-01-Urban Health Services-800-Other Receipt”.
  • Online: Government Receipt Accounting System (GRAS) at https://assamegras.gov.in.

Note: The fees are not refundable. A printed copy of the Treasury Challan generated through GRAS should be submitted at the time of interview. In the Remarks column, candidates may write the post applied for.

How to Apply Online for MHRB Assam Recruitment 2026?

The Online Application process for the MHRB Assam M&HO-I Recruitment will start on the official website from 7th September 2026 onwards. Candidates can follow the steps provided below to apply online.

  1. Go to the official website: https://nhm.assam.gov.in.
  2. Navigate to the Recruitment section and click on National Health Mission, Assam New.
  3. Click on the application link for Medical & Health Officer-I (M&HO-I) Recruitment.
  4. Candidates must use their mobile number and password to register/login.
  5. Fill out the detailed application form with personal details, educational qualifications, category, and other requested information.
  6. Upload your recent photograph and scanned signature as per the instructions.
  7. Pay the application fee through the prescribed mode (Treasury Challan/GRAS).
  8. After reviewing all the entered information, submit the form.
  9. Download and print a copy of your submitted application for future reference.

Important: Candidates need not submit any testimonials/certificates at the time of submission of the online application. However, they have to produce original testimonials regarding educational qualification, date of birth, caste, PWD, Treasury Challan, working experience, etc., along with the application form, at the time of interview. Self-attested copies of all testimonials/certificates will have to be submitted to the Board at the time of interview.

MHRB Assam Recruitment 2026 Selection Process

The selection procedure will be notified later by issuing a Notice. The Board will decide the procedure for selection in respect of the posts on the basis of the number of applications received. Candidates are advised to regularly visit the official website for updates.

MHRB Assam M&HO-I 2026 Salary

The salary for the selected candidates will be as per Government of Assam Rules.

PostPay ScaleGrade Pay
Medical & Health Officer–I (M&HO-I)Rs. 30,000/- – Rs. 1,10,000/-Rs. 12,700/-

Also Read: CSIR-NGRI Technician Recruitment 2026 Notification Out, Apply Online for Technician (1) Gr-II Posts

FAQs

1. Is MHRB Assam M&HO-I Notification 2026 Out?
Yes, MHRB Assam M&HO-I Notification 2026 has been released on 3rd September 2026.

2. What is the last date to apply for MHRB Assam Recruitment 2026?
The last date to submit online applications is 20th September 2026.

3. How many vacancies are announced for MHRB Assam M&HO-I Recruitment 2026?
A total of 560 vacancies have been announced.

4. What is the age limit to apply for MHRB Assam M&HO-I Recruitment 2026?
The age limit is 21 to 38 years for General candidates, with relaxation for reserved categories as per rules.

5. What is the educational qualification for MHRB Assam M&HO-I Recruitment?
The minimum qualification is an MBBS Degree from a recognized University under MCI and registration with the Assam Medical Council.

6. What is the application fee for MHRB Assam M&HO-I Recruitment?
The application fee is Rs. 250/- for General and Rs. 150/- for OBC/MOBC/SC/STP/STH candidates. PwBD candidates are exempted.

<p>The post MHRB Assam Recruitment 2026: Notification Out for 560 Medical & Health Officer-I Posts, Apply Online from 7th September first appeared on Karmasandhan.</p>



source https://www.karmasandhan.com/mhrb-assam-medical-officer-recruitment-2026/

Related Posts

-Advertisement-

Subscribe Our Newsletter